Gluten Free And Vegan Banana Bread
I feel like my ‘Rona Recipe’ page wouldn’t be complete without a Banana bread recipe. Banana bread was THE staple of quarantine living the first two months.
This is Emma Macdonald’s (technically her mom’s) recipe for gluten free, vegan banana bread, and I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like it! It tastes amazing and it’s very easy to make.
3 very ripe bananas
¾ cup maple syrup
½ cup melted coconut oil (can be replaced with ½ cup of melted butter)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of gluten free flour
1 cup of oats
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt
As many chocolate chips as you want!
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350°
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
3. Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl
4. Pour dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix very well (until flour is completely combined with the wet ingredients)
5. Add chocolate chips into batter if you want them and mix
6. Pour into a baking pan and let bake for 30-45 minutes depending on the power of your oven (I usually put it in for the full 45 minutes) and enjoy!